This week was a rough one. I was in a funk and feeling a little un-productive. But it was made better by the fact that I was nominated for three more blogger awards! I can’t thank you guys enough for all the love lately. I can always rely on you guys to make me feel better.
I decided to combine two awards together again — The Blogger Recognition Award and TheCramm Blog Award. These were the perfect ones to bundle. Both are all about the blog. A huge thank you to the Elsie L.M.C. for the first award. There’s something for everyone on her wonderful blog! Also, an equally as big thank you to the lovely Azra of Simply Serenity for the second nomination. You should already know now that I’m obsessed with her blog!
For the Blogger Recognition Award, the rules are simple. Thank the person that nominated you, share how your blog started, give two pieces of blogging advice, and tag 15 others.
For The Cramm Award, thank the person that nominated you, share three people and three things that motivate you to blog, share how you will change the world, answer the bonus question, and tag other bloggers. Now let’s get to the fun part!
How my blog started:
When my blog started, it wasn’t what it is today. It was more a place for me to place my random thoughts and musings. I actually did a post on how it took 56 seconds to know I needed a blog. Since then, I’ve found my love for beauty, fashion, and a love for purposeful living. I’m rally loving how it’s transformed into something that’s so genuinely my life!
Advice to Bloggers:
- Your blog is yours. Don’t think about what people want to see or what will get the most likes. Just be unapologetically yourself and the stats will come. Be proud of the work that you put out.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to other bloggers. Odds are, this online world is filled with someone who you could be best friends with in real life. The best thing that can happen is that you make a new. The worst is that someone doesn’t reply back.
3 Things that motivate me to blog:
- My creative spirit. I’m naturally a creative person, and if I didn’t have a place to write and communicate with others, I think I’d go crazy!
- My love for fashion and beauty. As you might already know, I’m a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle. I don’t get to writer everything that I want to over there, so I do it here!
- To spread my message. I want to show people that all-natural beauty and purposeful living isn’t as hard as it looks. If I inspire just one person to hit the thrift store instead of the mall, I’ve done my job.
Three People Who Motivate Me to blog:
- YOU! I absolutely love connecting with you guys and replying to comments. Not to mention reading and getting inspired by all of your lovely blogs.
- My brother. My little brother is 14 years old, and trying to get into photography. He’s always will to grab the camera and take pictures of my in fun places. Without him I’d be lost! Odds are if you see a really great pic of me, he took it.
- My close family. There’s always someone calling me up to invite me to an auction or a thrift shop, because they know it would make a great blog post. A lot of my greatest posts are inspired by trips with my family, and I’m so lucky that they’re this supportive.
How I want to change the world:
If you haven’t already caught on, I want to live 100 percent purposefully. That means that I think about who I’m helping when I go to purchase, eat, or use something. I do this by shopping secondhand, using on recyclable, natural products, and eating local. I hope that by sharing even just little parts of my journey with you, you’ll be inspired to think about your life as well!
Challenge Question: What is the quality that people notice immediately when they meet you?
Oh, this is a hard one! I’d like to think that you can see my thrifty-ness from the moment you meet me, but that’s probably only somewhat true. Can I say sarcasm? Not sure if that makes sense, but I’m pretty sure my quirky comments are what hit people first.
Challenge question for nominees: If you had to pick another topic to blog about, besides the one your currently do, what would it be?
This was so much fun! I hope you enjoyed reading all about my blogging journey. I’m going to tag people to do both awards, since they fit together so well. Here are some of my favorite blogs that I nominate:
I can’t wait to read your answers!